Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas! Santa and Reindeer... Oh, What? No Santa?

To make reindeer food, combine 1 c. glitter, 3 c. raw oats, and 1 c. sugar. Mix well and sprinkle on grass or roof tops.

On Christmas Eve my sister is making reindeer food for Dasher and Dancer and cookies for Santa--just to make sure they find the place. It's always smart to entice the animals as well as the old man. I thought about making some too. I mean, really it's a great idea! I asked her if she thought Santa would make it here. Would it be a waste of cookies and glittery oats? We were being silly, but her response took the humor out of the conversation for a second.

No.

I stopped laughing. Why not? I guess Palestine is a bit sealed off. And if Santa flies, the likelihood he'll get shot down by the Israeli military which controls our airspace is pretty high. And that would be awful, for the whole world, not just Palestine. So, I guess the children in Palestine can forget Santa again this year because if they insist on his visiting, the rest of the world might lose their presents for tomorrow, and forever. So, we'll talk to the kids and ask them to forgo gifts again. After all, it's nothing new. They are used to being forgotten and sacrificed. And sadly, they aren't alone in the world.

I never thought about it before, but I guess Santa only has time for so called first world countries. But then again, he used to come here. But that was before...

No comments: