Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cynical? Who can bloody help it!

Twelve year old boy shot in the head today. They say the bullet split his head open. Ni'lin, the village my family comes from, the village I've been visiting on weekends and holidays since I started coming to Palestine. It used to be a quiet place, where my family would point to lands in the close distance and say "they will build the Wall here." It was hard for me to imagine. Then I hadn't yet seen the Wall. But now I know what it will look like there, like it looks all over Palestine. That's why there are popular protests in Ni'lin all the time. There was one today. After it finished Ahmad sat under a tree. The protest was over. Not that villagers and activists protesting gives ANY pretense for shooting. Still, it was over. He was just sitting under a tree in his village. And then...dead. 12 years old. Not another day of this unbearable occupation. Funeral is tomorrow. You are all invited.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Morgs, the shooting sounds awful, and totally uncalled for. I am glad you are working against that sort of thing.